I am using one of the 1.0 prereleases of lyx. There, SUNs CC (v. 4.2)
works correct.

Michael

On Thu, 28 Jan 1999, Dimitri PAPADOPOULOS-ORFANOS wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Lyx will not compile with SUn's CC, because CC cannot understand this:
>       class LString
>       {
>               // ...
>               // CC complains here:
>               //      Error: A member cannot be initialized
>               //      except in a constructor
>               int const npos = 25;
>               // ...
>       };
>
> Maybe this should be added in file `INSTALL', under `Problems'.
> I use lyx-0.13.1.
>
> --

|  Michael Hanke                Royal Institute of Technology   |
|                               NADA                            |
|                               S-10044 Stockholm               |
|                               Sweden                          |
|  Visiting address:            Lindstedtsvaegen 3              |
|  Phone:                       + (46) (8) 790 6278             |
|  Fax:                         + (46) (8) 790 0930             |
|  Email:                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]               |
|                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]       |