You can cut and paste between Nedit and Lyx, at least thats
what I succeeded in.
I had an Excel Spreadshheat that I saved as ASCII text, the seperators are
single blanks a.f.a.i.r. and then just cut and paste.

You have to experiment a little with a small table I guess.
Roland

On 01-Feb-99 Laurent Guglielmi wrote:

> Is there any way to create or populate a table from an ASCII file
> containing columns of text separated by some separator ?
>

>               L.Guglielmi

> -
>  Laurent Guglielmi                       e-mail:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>  Physique Corpusculaire et Cosmologie    http://cdfinfo.in2p3.fr/
>  College de France                       tel: (+33 1) 44.27.15.39
>  11 pl. Marcelin Berthelot               fax: (+33 1) 43.54.69.89
>  75231 Paris Cedex 05
>  France
>

> --

Roland Krause
Visiting Research Associate - Center for Computational Mechanics
Washington University, Saint Louis
Roland Krause <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>