On Feb 3,  3:29pm, Bernd Kuemmerlen wrote:
> Subject: trouble compiling 1.0.0 on Irix 6.2

> I installed (at least I think that I did) xforms and libXpm in ~/lib
> (i.e. I compiled xpm and did a make install with xforms)
[snip]
> configure can't find the libraries... What have I missed when installing
> the libs? (in Linux, I know that ldconfig is necessary after installing
> libs, is there something similar in IRIX that I forgot?)

Hi Bernd,

The problem could be that your xforms and xpm libraries are old
o32 libraries, whereas your gcc presumably creates the new n32
libraries (see man abi). They are incompatibe. If this is the case
(use the file command to check the libs), then you could try to
make gcc produce o32 objects. I don't know which options you
have to set (guess -mfp32), I haven't had the time to figure it
out myself.

Theo