Alexander> When I'm using an AMS-documentclass in LyX, how can I get
Alexander> the words Theorem, Definition, Corollary and so on, in a
Alexander> different language than english?  The theorem-enviroments
Alexander> are clearly predefined by LyX, but how do I make it define
Alexander> the environment so that I get i printed in a different
Alexander> language. Instead of Theorem x.x.x I want some other word
Alexander> there.  Do I have to put something like \renewtheorem or
Alexander> something in the preamble?
>>  I planned to answer your message, but did not have much time this
>> week... You can indeed use renewtheorem in the preamble, but this
>> will not change the screen appearance of the theorem. A better
>> solution would be to define your own textclass in .lyx/layout which
>> redefines the parts you don't like. An example file for french
>> (sotty, I don't know swedish...) would look like:

>> #% Do not delete the line below; configure depends on this #
>> \DeclareLaTeXClass{article (AMS, french)}
>>
>> Input amsart.layout ......

Alexander> I used your example file and redefined it as I wanted, but
Alexander> what do I do next? I named the file amsartswe.layout and
Alexander> put it in .lyx/layouts, but not even a reconfigure from
Alexander> within LyX made it appear in the layouts menu.  How do I
Alexander> make the textklass appear (and work :) in the LyX menu?

Oops, sorry! The file as I write it needs a amsartswe.cls LaTeX
document class, which obviously does not exist. Change the beginning
of the file to read:

#% Do not delete the line below; configure depends on this
# \DeclareLaTeXClass[amsart]{article (AMS, french)}

This will force the textclass to use amsart.cls.

JMarc