Hi there,

thanks to Steve Holden there is finally a binary distribution which
works on SGI... (I never managed to compile LyX myself. :-( )
Now I still have one small problem: On startup, I get a lot of messages
like this:
In CreateXPM [pixmap.c 303] error converting: (Invalid file)

the result is that the buttons in LyX don't have any icons (just the
text pixmap)...

Any help?

I have installed the static IRIX binary on a machine with IRIX 6.3

Cheers
        Bernd