Norbert> Is there any manual or documentation on the items addressed
Norbert> in ".layout" files? I would like to write and contribute such
Norbert> files adapted to the requirements of journals in which I use
Norbert> to publish.

Have a look at Help->Customization. The information here is not as
good as it should be (and incomplete...). Another source of
information is to look at existing .layout files :)

Norbert> ... and two different kinds of citations: \cite{}
Norbert> and \citeasnoun{} (and this is only a selection of all the
Norbert> specialities).

This one will probably be a bit more difficult, since only \cite is
supported by LyX.

JMarc