>> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> Subject: Re: geometry package
>> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Lars Gullik Bjønnes)
>> Date: 15 Feb 1999 11:51:56 +0100
>>
>>   >> Roland Krause writes:
>>
>>   RK> Larry was right when he insisted on including a notes layout
>>   RK> template. No header, no footer, 1in, 1in, 1in, 1in margins thats
>>   RK> it. The simplest of the simple. Lets make one.
>>
>> But why 1in ?  I have never used a margin of 1in all my life, I'd much
>> rather have it 3cm. :-)
>>
>> Why not just use the LaTex defaults? Especially if it is just for a
>> note.

Don't ask me why, bu the LaTeX page layout puts the upper left corner
from which offsets are computed at one inch down from the top and one inch
right from the left border.
This point may be redefined by modifying \hoffset and \voffset, so that
if you want to start from the upper left corner of the page, you
should put in the preamble
\setlength{\hoffset}{-1in}
\setlength{\voffset}{-1in}
Then you may apply your page layout values
(\topmargin, \oddsidemargin, ...) see any LaTeX textbook.

Regards

--
Jean-Pierre