> jph> I just installed lyx-1.0 on irix 6.5.2 with development option.
> jph> I had previously installed gcc and gnu-make which are used by
> jph> default.
>
> jph> No major problem so far, although configure warned that Xpm was a
> jph> rather oldish version with threats of 'weird crashes'.  No
> jph> problem installing teTeX/xforms either.
>
> jph> Only glitches so far: -WARNING: plp: context IRQ out of
> jph> order->stop printing
> ?? What is that?

please ignore

> jph> -what looks for lpr does not find it->calllp by hand
>
> And is that a problem on your system?

yes, see below

> JMarc

I first thought my install was successful,
but i am now discovering problems
some of which i have not yet fixed. Help welcome :-)

1 i could not print direct from menu, a dvips config problem
  (no native lpr here)
  in /usr/local/teTeX/texmf/dvips/config/config.ps need to edit
line: o |lpr
into: o |lp

==============

2 i could print Intro and Tutorial (with some
mentions of Tex errors and wrong parameters),
but UserGuide wont print beyond page 16:
[30 Tex errors detected, you should try to fix them]

UsrGuide.log looks like this:
[16]
! Undefined control sequence.
\reserved@a ->\@nil

l.4688 \texttt{\~{}/.lyx/lyxrc}
                                %
The control sequence at the end of the top line
of your error message was never \def'ed. If you have
misspelled it (e.g., `\hobx'), type `I' and the correct
spelling (e.g., `I\hbox'). Otherwise just continue,
and I'll forget about whatever was undefined.

is this a doc, lyx, teTeX or sgi install problem?
--i don't know.

3. i have not yet located a source of Xpm version 4.7 for irix

jean-pierre