Pino> I need to write in spanish which is not my mother language...
Pino> so I need the spellchecker expecially for accents I olways miss.

Pino> I configure my italian keyboard to accept doble-stroke accented
Pino> vawels with the command:

Pino> setxkbmap es

What is this? Is it a command to change the keyboard at the system
level?

Pino> Now when I do a spellcheck and I replace a wrong word I get it
Pino> like if setxkbmap where not set: i.e.

Pino>   instead of sìntesis I get s'intesis.

Do you type the replacement by yourself or select it in a list
provided by ispell? The xforms toolkit seems to have problems for
supporting international keyboards, unfortunately.

JMarc