>> Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 16:31:40 +0100
>> From: "Dr." Dirk Engelbart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Non Receipt Notification Requested IPM Return
Requested)
>> Subject: IRIX6.2 binary of lyx
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there anyone out, who knows whether there is an ftp site having an
>> compiled (binary) version of lyx-0.12.0 or maybe lyx-1.0.0pre2 for an
>> SGI running IRIX6.2?
>>
>> Unfortunately, there seems to be no precompiled SGI version at the
>> moment according to the official LYX www site and its ftp locations
>> respectively. (I'd like to avoid the longshot of compiling the source
>> etc. due to a lack of a C++ compiler). Suggestions?

I have made recently a static binary of 0.12.1pre8, located at
ftp://ftp.cert.fr/pub/chretien/LYX
In there you have
lyx-0.12.1pre8.tar.gz           distribution
lyx-IRIX-comp.gz*               static binary

The idea is:
 - uncompress/untar the distrib
 - uncompress the binary
 - patch it as src/lyx
 - make install
A ./configure is perhaps required
Have a look at the README or INSTALL of other binaries, I personnaly
always compiled lyx fron the sources.

You should not need xforms nor xpm.

The binary runs here, but I never tested the above procedure,
being a Sun/Solaris user, please keep us informed if you try it.

Regards

--
Jean-Pierre