On 03-Jan-99 Haiying Liu wrote:
> Hi, all:
>

> - When I compiled the lyx1.0.0.pre6 on SGI/IRIX6.5, I got the
>   following error message:
>
>       ld32: FATAL 12: Expecting n32 objects:
>                       /usr/dist/X11R6/lib/libX11.so is o32.
>       collect2: ld returned 4 exit status
>       *** Error code 1 (bu21)
>       *** Error code 1 (bu21)
>
>   How can I solve the problem, particularly under the condition
>   that I do not have root privilege.

You're trying to link to the wrong version of the X11 library. Assuming a
normal install, then a:
./configure --with-extra-lib=/usr/lib32
then make should work, otherwise a manual link step:
CC -o lyx <all the *.o files> -L/usr/lib32 ../intl/libintl.a -lforms -lXpm
 -lSM -lICE -lc -lm -L/usr/lib -lX11
or similar should work.

Hope that helps - otherwise I've a mips4 binary you can have.

Steve

> Thanks a lot.
>
> Haley
>
> --