Reuben> I have a LyX document which includes appendices with LaTeX
Reuben> commands (so that I don't get problems with the fact that
Reuben> these are fully-fledged LyX documents). I want to make
Reuben> cross-references to these appendices; do I really have to do
Reuben> this with LaTeX text?

Reuben> One thing that looks hopeful is the Name: box in the Insert
Reuben> cross-reference pop-up, but I can't find out what it does. I'm
Reuben> using 1.0.0pre6. What's this box for? It would be most useful
Reuben> if it could be used to enter cross-references to labels that
Reuben> aren't (for whatever reason) visible in the current document.

One thing you can try: open the appendix, open the insert-reference
popup, switch to the main document and insert a reference. I did not
try it recently but I *think* it works.

JMarc