Reuben> ...more out of interest than anything else: why is my LyX
Reuben> 1.0.0pre6 binary 800Kb bigger than pre2? I've checked obvious
Reuben> things like it not being stripped (they both are), and they're
Reuben> both linked to the same set of shared libraries. The only
Reuben> difference I can think of is having upgraded from GCC to EGCS
Reuben> between the two compiles, but surely that hasn't changed
Reuben> things so much (both binaries were compiled with the default
Reuben> compiler options anyway, of -O2).

Reuben> I am currently awaiting with interest the compilation of the
Reuben> pre7 snapshot I've just downloaded...

Do you have the same set of shared libraries for both? (i.e., is your
libstdc++ shared for egcs?)

JMarc