Florian> However, I use none of them in my "opening" line, and neither
Florian> can I find any in the LaTeX source code exported from LyX
Florian> (see below).

Florian> Could this be a LyX bug?

This is a weakness in LyX letter support, which is due to the
brokenness of LaTeX letter document class. The solution is to use the
Send_To_Address layout to define the recipient of the letter. This
field is *required*.

JMarc