Stefano> Hi, I am having some trouble with ttf fonts in lyx 1.0.0 (let
Stefano> me know if these problems are fixed in later versions). xfstt
Stefano> works, I think: I can use fonts in Netscape and they show up
Stefano> in xfontsel.  One problem is that the font I would like to
Stefano> use is called times new roman, and lyx doesn't seem to like
Stefano> spaces in the font names (set in my lyxrc):

Stefano> stefano: stefano> lyx LyX: Unknown tag `new' [around line 190
Stefano> of file ~/.lyx/lyxrc] LyX: Unknown tag `roman' [around line
Stefano> 191 of file ~/.lyx/lyxrc]

Yes, you are indeed supposed to quote here.

Stefano> If I quote the name, "-ttf-times new roman", I get:

Stefano> No font matches request. Using 'fixed'.  Start LyX as 'lyx
Stefano> -dbg 515' to get more information.

and what does
  xlsfonts -fn '-ttf-times new roman-*'
say?

JMarc