Reuben> I've recently been trying to use LaTeX2HTML with LyX (working,
Reuben> obviously, on exported LaTeX files), and have found the
Reuben> following problems:

Reuben> 1. LaTeX2HTML doesn't seem to like \( and \).

This is weird, since \(...\) is LaTeX and $...$ is plain TeX.

Reuben> 3. If you use [ and ] in item labels, LaTeX2HTML gets
Reuben> confused.

Reuben> Fortunately, these are all soluble: 3 is soluble manually, by
Reuben> putting braces {} around any square brackets used in labels
Reuben> (of course, these must be TeX text (red) braces);

I thought that LyX did that already...

Reuben> I'd be interested to know of any other problems and solutions
Reuben> that others have found (by the way, I'm using LaTeX2HTML
Reuben> v98.1, which is the latest I can find).

You could maybe report the problems to its author.

JMarc