Ronald> I use LyX-1.0.0 on Sparc Solaris machines.  I recently tried
Ronald> displaying LyX on an X-Server (MicroImages) on my laptop
Ronald> running ms-windows-NT.  I got as far as the display of LyX,
Ronald> which looked great, then LyX crashed with these messages:

Ronald>         BadFont (invalid Font parameter) Abort (core dumped)

Ronald> I'd appreciate suggestions on how to get this to work: do I
Ronald> need additional fonts on the X-server or a different
Ronald> configuration for LyX to display on the PC X-server?  Has
Ronald> anyone done it successfully?

You should chack that all the fonts described in  your dont path
(shown by xset q) really exist. It might be that font fonts.dir
describe fonts that you do not have available. If you want to see what
LyX is doing, you can try to use the debug flag "-dbg 515".

JMarc