First, let me state that I've just started down the SGML, TEX/LATEX road,
so I may be doing something wrong. <G>

I was using LyX 1.0.3pre4 to generate some documents using the LinuxDoc
format. When I printed my documents, I saw that there was always a line at
the top of the first page the said "11 11 TEX LATEX". This would push the
text of the first page down on the sheet, making the last line of the
first page ride the bottom.

Hmmm.

Thinking it might be a problem with LyX, I tried printing some of the SGML
howto's that ship with RedHat.

Here's how I did it:

1) Ran the SGML file through sgml2latex (sgml-tools 1.0.9)

2) Ran the resulting DVI file through dvips (v5.85 with no options)
sending the output directly to lpr

No matter which document I prcoessed, they all had the "11 11 TEX LATEX"
header.

Am I doing something wrong (steps, config, etc.) or do I need to look at
the tools themselves?

 David Nedrow
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]