Kevin> HELP!!!  I can't get LyX installed on my system.  I am a Linux
Kevin> newbee and as such my experience with installations is minimal
Kevin> I downloaded the package into my home directory.  I unzipped
Kevin> the package using the gunzip command.  I used the tar command
Kevin> with the xvf options.  I attmepted to install the package using
Kevin> the INSTALL.autconfig instructions.  I tried...honest I did.
Kevin> However, I keep geting errors saying that libforms, libxforms
Kevin> and forms.h are not installed or something I am eager to get
Kevin> this up and running. Please help me.  Oh yeah, the first time I
Kevin> attempted to run ./configure I went all the way through the
Kevin> installation. From makecheck (which gave me an error) to
Kevin> makeinstall to makeclean.  What to do.  Looking forward to your
Kevin> help.  Thanks Kevin

Hello Kevin.

First of all, you should follow the instructions in INSTALL rather
than those of INSTALL.autoconf, which contain generic installation
intructions for programs using GNU autoconf. In particular, the 'Known
Problems' section at the end of this file might be helpful.

Second, we will certainly not be able to help you if you do no give is
details on your system, and the exact error messages that you got from
./configure.

Third, the obvious question: did you install the xforms library on
your system? It is not installed by default on most systems.

Hope this helps.

JMarc