Hi,

Apologies if the answer is obvious but I haven't found it yet. I have a
few lines in equations that do fit onto a single line in the dvi
output, but not in the lyx screen. This is because, for example, they
contain expressions such as \varepsilon where the word is written on
lyx but obviously the symbol is output. When the equations overrun on
lyx they are neither wrapped nor is a scrollbar applied, so they are
not easily edited.

I've seen an archived thread on a closely related problem for tables -
I think the work-around was to insert the Ctrl-Ret  ( \\  ) linebreak
and rely on the table not reacting to it in the output : in equations
though this leads to unwanted multiline equations.

Does anyone know a solution (I'm not interested in resizing my windows,
fonts, or editing the text of the lyx file!!!)(and temporarily
linebreaking then later deleting the break doesn't make things any
easier)?

Thanks,

Paul

===
|Paul Lambert                  |    Tel:                  |
|Centre for Applied Statistics |   01524 65201 Exts :     |
|Lancaster University          | 93221/93068 (Office/Lab) |
|    [EMAIL PROTECTED] / [EMAIL PROTECTED]   |
| http://www.lancs.ac.uk/postgrad/lambertp/Default.htm    |