>> From: Reinhard Borek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> To: Lyx-User <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> Subject: multi-line text and {\"a} in formulas
>> Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 10:03:31 +0200
>>
>> Hi,
>> how I can write multi-line text and chars like {\"a} in formulas?
>> When I try to put 'ä' in text mode in a formula, it does not occur
>> anything. When I try to put {\"a} in LaTex-mode in a formula, it does
>> not work.
>>
>> greetings, Reinhard
>> --
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> Reinhard Borek
>> Exp. Phys I
>> Fachbereich Physik
>> Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg
>> Friedemann-Bach-Platz 6
>> 06108 Halle/Saale

Trying to type in accented characters in math mode is not correct.
In plain LaTeX, you must get back to text mode with a \mbox{}.

In Lyx, the plain text in math mode should be typed in math text mode (M-m m).
What do you mean by « it does not occur anything » when you do so ?
Here (Sun Solaris) I can type in accented characters with the Compose key,
and the dvi is correct.

For multi-line, I don'see any other LyX solution than using a matrix
and typing text in the cells.

Regards

--
Jean-Pierre