Herbert,

Thanks for your response, but that didn't work. The "indent" radiobutton was
already selected. No matter which one I select, I get the exact same output.

Is there something special I need to do to "define" a paragraph?

Michael

Herbert wrote:

"Michael D. Mann" wrote:

> How do I indent the first line of each paragraph? The User's Guide says there is
> a special package and a command that must be inserted into the LaTeX preamble
> to get the document to print with indented first lines, but it doesn't say what
> that package is or where to get it. Can anyone help?>

There is an option for indent or vertical space between paragraphs.
Load your document and than choose menu Layout-document. In the middle
of the document-menu are two buttons for paragraphs. Choose the one
for indent.

Herbert

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.educat.hu-berlin.de/~voss

--
Michael D. Mann
University of California, Santa Barbara

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams.

                                        -W. Wonka