>> Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 12:52:24 -0400
>> From: "David F. Nitz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> Subject: Lyx on Solaris 2.6
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to install/run Lyx on Solaris 2.6.  Sources compile w/o errors,
>>
>> and I'm able to start Lyx and get the splash screen, view online help.
>>
>> But when I try to export to Latex an empty .tex file is created.
>>
>> If I try to view th .dvi or .ps file directly from the Lyx "File" menu,
>>
>> Lyx seems to go into an inifinite loop.
>>
>> The same behavior happens with version 1.01 and 1.03 of Lyx.  Any
>>
>> suggestions as to what is wrong here?
>>
>> --
>> ---------------------------------------
>> David F. Nitz ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
>> Physics Department, Michigan Tech
>> Tel: (906)487-2274  Fax: (906) 487-2933

No problem here, everything's fine
gcc 2.8.1
teTeX 0.4

Any access problem to lyxrc or other config files ? ( e.g. permissions)

Beware that the install DOES NOT necessary forces world rx permissions
on directories on Solaris (depends on the install script used):
I added a « umask 022 » in the compile/install script to settle the
problem.

Regards

--
Jean-Pierre