>> Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 16:41:01 +0000 (GMT)
>> From: Bill Simpson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> Subject: .ps from Mac in LyX
>>
>> I have several .ps files created by a Mac that I want to include in a LyX
>> document. I attach one.
>>
>> I ftped them over as binary, then converted
>> tr "\r" "\n" < fig1.ps > fig1.ps.new
>> to get rid of the weird mac end-of-lines.
>>
>> The files look OK in ghostview. HOWEVER they just create a string of
>> errors if I try to include them in a LyX document.  Does anyone have any
>> guesses what is wrong and how to fix?
>>
>> My guess is that the problem has to do with the line:
>> %%BoundingBox: ? ? ? ?
>> But I don't know how to fix it.

Ghostview gives you the BB (the crosshairs give the position
of the point in the figure in pixels) you may paste it
(I never remember the order of the 4 coordinates).

A quicker hack would be to filter the file through a ps to
eps converter, which should recalculate the BB.

By the way, a better tool to convert from PC/Mac to Unix
is to use zip: Unix unzip has an option to deal correctly with these
#$^%& EOL and EOFs.

--
Jean-Pierre