On Fri, 3 Sep 1999, Christopher Sawtell wrote:

> Find a possible solution attached. I'm sending it to the list so that the
> experts in Europe can express an opinion.

Well I'm in Australia is that close enough? :-)

If you want to use math symbols as items in a list of any sort you must
put then in math mode.  So your examples should add "\(" and "\)" to the
math character like:
        '\(\Diamond\)'

If you checkout the output of LyX when you use a custom itemize bullet
shape you'll see the same thing there.  While you can use '$' symbols
instead they're usually frowned upon for use in LaTeX since they are (as I
understand it anyway) TeX symbols.

>From the example file it seems you should be using Description paragraphs
with the above fix.  You don't need do everything in ERT just the actual
\(\Diamond\) part.

Allan. (ARRae)