I don't know if this problem is now fixed, but I notice I get exactly
the same error that susie gets. I too am using rh6, but have
re-installed the tetex and have the latest RPM version. Don't know if
that is a red herring.

One thing i did see was that the first of these (the one susie gets)
and the second (J-M) were quie different. Espec, one seems to do a
double-hyphenation, (Sys-tem- [but looses the 's']). Obviously, I can
make the problem disappear by reducing my margins, but thats perhaps
not ideal for a decent typeset document.

> Overfull \hbox (0.32248pt too wide) in paragraph at lines 30--30
> []\T1/cmr/bx/n/14.4 Frequency Hopped Spread Spec-trum Sys-tem-
>  []

> Overfull \hbox (1.29025pt too wide) in paragraph at lines 25--25
> []\T1/cmr/bx/n/14.4 Frequency Hopped Spread Spec-trum Sys-tems

Anyhow, just thought I would throw this in.

Tony.