Hi all,

i was wondering what is the status of
Importing  Latex Files function in this 1.0.3 version of Lyx.

I have downloaded and "succesfully (?)" compiled 1.0.1 version
but it messed really bad with multipart documents.

Example theseses, conference proceedings and the like although they
would run perfectly in Latex noone could make Lyx do the same job...

Of cource we are not great Linux experts and so a "HowTo" or a
prefabricated template
would have served better.

For example when inseting an existing chapter, by all means perfect in
Latex, i got this:

>Reading Latex command syntax
>(thechap1.tex: Splitting Preamble
>Didn't find \begin{document} comand! at
usr/local/bin/..share/lyx/reLX/MakePreamble.pm line 5
>2, <INFILE > chunk 735.
>Exited due to fatal Error!
>reLyx, the Latex to LyX translator. Revision date 199/01/25

same happened with a small piece of clean -no formulas, citations etc
-piece of Latex-text.

Maybe i am doing some boobooo somewhere ???????? (i see nothing......)
Is it due to installation ????
Is it a bug ???? or it is just a severe limitation of Lyx ??????????
Now where the MakePreamble.pm line 5 rests, and how to fix it ??????
(i did choose style report and book
and amsbook but to no avail).

Help by anyone will be greatly appreciated.

I hope your -by any other means- briliant work of your team will reach
this point to be able to go back and forth in Latex.
This point will mark a qualitative change in the usage of Lyx, which
will be I am sure one of the most used application in typesetting.
Bon Courage, and keep up the good work!

with every good wish,

Vasilios ._

Vasilios Basios

Centre for Nonlinear Phenomena and Complex Systems,
Service de Chimie - Physique,  Universite Libre de Bruxelles,

e-mail: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"