JDaniel> lyx is a really impressive package. However the average user
JDaniel> is never satisfied and I see some features may be not to
JDaniel> difficult to add...

JDaniel> add an option in edit/special character : page jump. it's a
JDaniel> simple \newpage, but more I use lyx less I remember LaTeX
JDaniel> syntax :-)

What about the pagebreak setting in Layout->Paragraph?

JDaniel> add an option to search and replace formats such as
JDaniel> "sections" or "subsections". Doing so with an other editor is
JDaniel> bothersome and error prone.

That's not easy, but would be neat (something like what word has).

JDaniel> add an "format editor". I mean, when I change the format of a
JDaniel> given paragraph, according to LyX/LaTeX philosophy, I want
JDaniel> all the given paragraphs with same format to change. This is
JDaniel> not the case in lyx 1.04pre8.

Except that this implies changing the latex class. There are people
working (or thinking) about a way of customizing classes.

JDaniel> a little thing. Ione need to change a word. go to the word,
JDaniel> set there the cursor and end with a cursor in the middle of
JDaniel> two spaces. Usually one need to key in a replacement word, so
JDaniel> the lyx feature of cleaning the second space is uneven.
JDaniel> Should work as for lines, that is give the time to try typing
JDaniel> before removing (ie wait a cursor movement before removing
JDaniel> extra space).

The extra space removing is indeed broken and need some work.

JDaniel> I just note a surprising feature : if I type in a table, the
JDaniel> table extend out of the paper. Shouldn't the lines wrap when
JDaniel> the table reaches the margin? worst, lyx doesn't scroll
JDaniel> horizontally, the table become inaccessible. This is a big
JDaniel> problem ! (large tables seems to address long ones not long
JDaniel> line ones. I'm right?

In the now defunct lyx development version, I think there has been
work to add an horizontal scrollbar to the inset (math too) in such a
case. I guess this will be backported to the new development branch.

JMarc