>>From: Rodrigo Esteves de Lima Lopes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>Subject: problems
>>Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 11:37:06 -0400
>>
>>Hi folks
>>
>>I'm quite a new user of lyx. and latex.  I'm running lyx on a Pentium II 350 within
>a tetex-latex
0.9.2.

>>So, I've got two problems:
>>
>>1) I'm trying to install a package with the University of Toronto Thesis Style,
>>but a don't know the right procedures. Two files are provided:  ut-thesis.tex
>>and ut-thesis.cls.

You must put it in a place where LaTeX finds it. Depending upon the installation, it
can be in the texmf tree (teTeX case e.g., you must run texhash after putting
the files there - the best idea is to create a local site_latex directory where you put
all the imported stuff, easier to move around when you upgrade) or in one of the
directories
in the TEXINPUTS environment variable.

>>How should I do to finish my instalation?
>>
>>2) how do I include captions in pictures and tables?

You should create a float before insering the picture or table, look at
Insert->Floats

Regards

--
Jean-Pierre