Rod>   This message is in MIME format. The first part should be
Rod> readable text, while the remaining parts are likely unreadable
Rod> without MIME-aware tools. Send mail to
Rod> [EMAIL PROTECTED] for more info.

Rod> ---559023410-851401618-939949217=:8759 Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN;
Rod> charset=US-ASCII

Rod> On 14 Oct 1999, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

Rod> Jean-Marc,

Rod> Thanks for having a look at the problem. In the end, it turned
Rod> out the it was a "stupid user" error. The problem was that the
Rod> line:

Rod> Also, I've got the following in the body of the text
Rod> r_\textrm{wave}

Rod> should have been r_\mathrm{wave}. It seems once LyX comes across
Rod> the incorrect \textrm it gets a little confused. Anyway, I've
Rod> attached an example file (gzipped) which displays the behaviour.
Rod> If you load it, you should see the extra spaces between the
Rod> normal and subscript characters.

How did you input the formula? Mathed gives errors when reading it:

Line ~76: Math parse error: Expected {. Maybe you forgot to enclose an argument in {}
Line ~76: Math parse error: Unmatching braces
 Math Panic, expect problems!

You can enter such text directly with math text mode (type M-m m while
already in math mode).

JMarc