Hi all.

I'm thinking of using Lyx to write my master's report. Most here know
why .. it's stable, it's clean, it works well for what it does.

I understand several others have used Lyx to write their theses. What
is an appropriate class to use? Are there classes one can install that
are specialized for this type of document?

Also, I expect to have a moderate about of source code in my
report. Perhaps I'm just ignorant, but even today I cannot figure out
how to incorporate source code properly into a Lyx document. The
Lyx-Code seemed like it might work, but I've found that I can't
control it well. It doesn't "look" right to me. For example, if my
report is double-spaced, is there a way to have the code
single-spaced?  I also can't seem to have tab-indents in
Lyx-Code. Things of that sort. Am I missing something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much.