On Mon, 8 Nov 1999, Gerald Gutierrez wrote:

> Man the more I use Lyx the more I like it, but then the more quirks I
> find. I didn't find this information in any FAQ. I hope this hasn't
> been asked a thousand times over before.

No only about 100 times ;-)

> How do I save screen font config? Every time I change the zoom factor
> or the font names. It changes the current session but the settings are
> not saved. It reverts back to default on the next startup.

Take a look at lyxrc.example and you'll see listed a number of options for
screen fonts -- many of which aren't available in the popup.

Either copy lyxrc.example to ~/.lyx/lyxrc or create a new ~/.lyx/lyxrc
and add the appropriate lines.

> Also, is there a way in Lyx to force indentation of all paragraphs,
> including ones immediately below section headings?  I have short
> paragraphs and lots of descriptions and other things and it just makes
> everything look chaotic.

I'm not sure about this one.  There is the option in Layout->Document for
"Skip or Indent" but I imagine you've already found this and it didn't
satisy your needs.  IIRC there is a .sty file you can include probably
called indent.sty or something similar which will do most of what you
want.

Allan. (ARRae)