Hello you all !

I'm busy writing the last bits of my thesis using LyX. So far, most
issues have been solved. I still have the following problems though:

1. In LaTeX I can use \caption[short]{long} to provide a short and a
long form of the caption, for the contents and the text respectively. Is
there an equivalent in LyX (beside LaTeX code)?

2. I want to add my source code in the appendix using the colour
printing of a2ps, I want to be able to reference to it though. Can I use
something like

\setcounter{page}{\page+2}\label{main.f}
\setcounter{page}{\page+2}\label{init.f}

to do that ?
How can I do it exactly ?

ThanX !

with cordial greetings