>>Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 14:13:49 +0200 (MET DST)
>>From: "Jean-Pierre.Chretien" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>Subject: LyX and LaTeX behaviuor differ
>>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>

>>Hello,
>>
>>Using LaTeX to fill-in parametrized pages, I used
>>to put a default file in the texmf tree which was
>>replaced by a modified file in the document directory.
>>
>>This deos not work any more in LyX, the .dep file is not
>>aware of the existence of a file of the same name in the local
>>directory and loads the default.
>>
>>If I export as LaTeX, all is OK again, kpathsea finds the local
>>before the global.
>>
>>How are made exactly the dependencies ?
>>I know how to workaround (put the absolute path, e.g.), howvever
>>as I would like to keep the \input instruction in tyhe global both
>>for Lyx and LaTeX users, it would be better if it worked the same.
>>Perhaps the solution comes with 1.1, as I read recently it will deal with updates
>>of bib files ?
>>
>>Regards
>>
>>--
>>Jean-Pierre

I answer myself to this old post because I found a better workaround than absolute
path:
instead of giving the same name to the local and global files
and leaving the selection to the kpathsea utility, I put foo_default.tex
in the standard teTeX tree, and put a conditional \input order to select
\IfFileExists{foo.tex}{\input{foo}}{\input{foo_default}}

This allows to remove completely the \input from the template document
and put it in the class or package: local files of standard name can be included
automatically, with a default file if the customized file is not provided.

This is a little bit off the list main topic, sorry.

--
Jean-Pierre