>>Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 18:41:22 +0100
>>From: charles bouillot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>Subject: QUestion : How to define math macro
>>
>>Hi,
>>I'm quite stupid so I can't manage to make a math macro. I'm completly
>>newbie with Lyx or TeX I've readed the manual but what is the
>>"minibuffer" (sect 5.5 of the users manual), is it the preambule ? I've
>>readed the one of the users manual but I didn't find smething
>>containing  math-macro macro
>>Does someone can send me a real example of how to create a math-macro ?
>>Thanx in advance
>>Charles Bouillot
>>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Section 5.5 of the UserGuide is the right place for math macros.
The minibuffer is the bottom line of the LyX window, where messages appear
(e.g. shortcuts associated to a menu command).
It can be used to input commands, the keystrokes to come into command
input mode are M-x (bound to command command-execute, see section 3.3.4
of the reference).

To create a macro, say foo:
M-x
(you get the cursor in the minibuffer)
math-macro foo
(you get a tag in the LyX window which toggles in mathed)
type in the math macro
call it with \foo in mathed
(the mathed look is substituted in the LyX window, but the code
remains \foo, so that any change in the macro is exported everywhere
in the document).

Similar use when parameters are meeded (see section 5.5).

Regards

--
Jean-Pierre