Raphael> My "manuscript" is divided in several charpter, a general
Raphael> introduction, and a general conclusion. If I want the chapter
Raphael> titles to appear in the table of contents, I have to choose
Raphael> the "Chapter" environment, but then, Introduction appears as
Raphael> Chapter 1, and if I try the "Chapter*" environment for the
Raphael> Introduction, then it doesn't appear in the toc. So, is there
Raphael> a way to get the Introduction and Conclusion indexed in the
Raphael> toc, not considered as Chapter 1 and N ??

A solution: switch the textclass to 'book' and add the following
commands marked as 'TeX':

\frontmatter    at the beginning of the document
\mainmatter     after the introduction
\backmatter     before the conclusion

Then you can use normal chapters for intro and conclusion.

JMarc