Staffan> Completely agree with Murali Atastya. Would be nice to have
Staffan> the old version with good ergonomy.

Staffan> Sorry to admit, but I must be a complete idiot. I do not
Staffan> understand how to fix the problem! Would be nice to have the
Staffan> patch in the ftp directory

OK, OK. Since we want to be able to work quietly on 1.1.4, I put a
small patch at
  http://www-rocq.inria.fr/~lasgoutt/lyx/patch-1.1.3+unofficial

Note that I have not tested it. I'd appreciate if you could tell me
whether it works, but I do not intend to add more things to it (just
make sure that it actually works is enough).

Hope this helps.

JMarc