I just received the following message:

[1]  The electricity in the building (DUNN) will be off Dec 27-29 (M-W),
maybe even the 30th, but probably not.  Physical Plant is having to
change out major switch.

This means the users, devel and announce lists will be down for
this period.  Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do about this.
There may be a possibilty to move the lists temporarily to another
machine, but that seems to be more trouble than it is worth (visualize
changing DNS entries and list manager config files  and friends).

While I will be in Hungary from Dec 19-Jan 7, I will try to make sure
that apart from the above dates, all will be functional.

Mate