If you need (I hope not) to use Excel figures in LyX document and you're
on troubles... try this (or change spreadsheet, it's better ;-) ).

During last weekend I need to use *.cmx (Corel) images in my LyX
document. Working on it (many attempts & troubles) I found how to
import figures from Excel to LyX (EPS format). If you try directly
to save Excel figure on disk, you get only BITMAP version, but we
(LyX users) don't like bitmap graphics if possible. Then do this:
1) Download CorelXARA 2.0 from www.download.com : it's a DEMO version
but it works for this job. Install it.
2) Make your graph on Excel and copy it to the clipboard
3) Paste in CorelXARA
4) Export as *.eps (CorelXARA) .There are many eps file format here,
but only this one works. I work out every possibility.
5) Load the file in Ghostview ON WINDOWS (if you don't have it,
download from http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/index.html , it's the
Aladdin one, maybe it also works with GNU one, I don't know...)
6) Extract as *.eps file (Extract is under File)
7) NOW this last eps file works under LyX.
8) If you don't need any other coversion, uninstall CorelXARA.

Can someone explain me the reason of all this chaos in eps file?
Is there any other way to do this conversion?

See You

                                                Emanuele