    uliw> c) I keep all my eps-files in a subdirectory. While latex
    uliw> finds those files after adding ./eps to TEXINPUTS, lyx fails
    uliw> to find them. Is lyx ignoring the TEXINPUTS variable, or is
    uliw> it again stupid me?

    Jean-Marc> TEXINPUTS should only contain absolute paths. If the
    Jean-Marc> eps figures are in a subdirectory of the document
    Jean-Marc> directory, you can specify them as eps/myfigure.eps

Hi Jean-Marc,

thanks for answering. The absolut path idea might be ok on a
single-user setup. But I do already have about 12 project directories,
which would make quite a messy TEXINPUTS... Imagine another 10
users....

Your suggestion to include the directory prefix, i.e.

        eps/my_eps_file.eps

would work with lyx, but will fail with the latex2html translator, as
l2h does its translation from within a subdirectory of the current
document directory.

The ultimate remedy of including the whole path gives unfortunatly
rather unportable documents...

For the time beeing, I've linked the files from the eps directory into
the document dir.

        take care

                uli

--
        Uli Wortmann           Fax (Switzerland) (1) 632  1080
        Dept. of Geology       Fon                        3694