Sorry if this is an FAQ..

I can't seem to get LyX to generate a bibliography from
a top-level compound document.  The top-level document
includes a series of other lyx files, all having the
document style book, plus a bibliography construct at the end.
When I generate dvi/ps, I get no diagnostic output from BibTex
at all, and no Bibliography section is included.

If, however, I include a bibliography construct in any
individual document, I get the diagnostic output and a
bibliography section.

Can anyone advise?  I can't seem to find anything about this
in the documentation.

Ian