Bruce Momjian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| In many cases, I have found I need access to the TeX version of my LyX
| documents for inclusion in e-mail (using latex2html) and other purposes,
| so I have modified my version of LyX 1.04 to write a *.tex file every
| time it writes the *.lyx file.  (Patch attached.)
|
| I know I can export it using the menu, but it is a pain to remember to
| do that every time I modify the file.  With the *.tex output, I can
| auto-generate any format I need -- HTML, pdf, ASCII text, etc.
|
| This is probably not something that should be done by default, but I am
| posting this because it may be a useful patch for some other people.
|
| I know there is some program that talks to LyX via pipes, and there is a
| lyxexport script in that package, but it didn't work for me and seems
| kind of a kludge.  Maybe there should be a way from the command line to
| dump a LyX file out in TeX format?

I am not fast to answer am I...

If we had an extension language, and had hooks where you could place
functions on buffer close then this would be very easy and not require
any hardcoded constructs inside LyX.

(add-hook 'buffer-close-hook 'buffer-export-latex)

would then do that job for you.

But I don't think we want to insert a extension language right away,
we want the existing code and GUI independence work to settle down a
bit first.

        Lgb