Laurent> Hello, I am using lyx_1.0.1, with language "french". When I
Laurent> hit the " key, I get the correct << or >> french quote, but I
Laurent> cannot easily get the following or preceding non-breakable
Laurent> space. I.e., if I want to write << test >>, typing a space
Laurent> after test results in test <<. So I just type test>> and then
Laurent> insert the missing space.

Laurent> Does anybody have the same problem? Can it be fixed in some
Laurent> way?

This is a known problem, and I do not know how to solve it well... I
understand though that this answer does not help much :(

JMarc