Hello,

If the barracuda code is not recently updated,  it probably uses the library
qt-1.44.
This is probably not shipped anymore with Mandrake 7.0 (it ships with qt -2.*)). If
you insist on using barracuda, you probably have to install a paralell set of qt
libararies.

If you have installed Mandrake 7.0 with both KDE AND  GNOME, (having both has clear
benefits),
you can equally well run a gnome program in the KDE desktop.  That's what I am
doing and I'm quite happy
with it.

>From the gnome side,  I recommend pybliographer (a little bit time consuming to get
the all the gnome & gtk stuff  installed but it should be straight forward with
mandrake 7.0)

(gbib is also excellent and it migh work, if its code i new. Had success on Redhat
6.0 but not with 6.1))

Prepare to use about 2 hours on the installation if you do not have all necessary
libraries installed,
10 minutes  otherwise

Oh those library incompatiblities. They are the messy part of Linux.

Best,
         Staffan