I've got a problem getting figure floats to go where I need them.
What I want is for each figure to be on a page by itself....but to be
on the next page after it is placed in the text.

I've tried !h  and !hp a and  various combinations in the float
placement section of the document layout.  however, the figures on
their own page always seem to get put at the end of the doccument.
it seems like the hp option tells lyx to "put the figure here if
possible...but if not put it on its own page at the end of the
doccument"   What I want is  "Put the figure on its own page and put
it as close to here as possible"

Is there anyway to get the behavoir I desire?  Thank you :)

Thanks you.
Michael McPherson