>At least, it works fine with lyx 1.0.4, when I input the figure (use
>Insert/Include File and check the input box) inside a figure float.
>There may be problems when the special text flag in Xfig is not set, or when
>a formula misses a $.
If I do this, then it displays "file=filename.pstex" and thats it.

>Futhermore, figures should be in the proper directory.
is there a special directory, where they should be?

>I don't know if it really can help you, I don't understand what you exactly
>tried.
Maybe my explanation was not very clear:
I have produced a figure with xfig 3.1 and called xfig with -specialtext flag.
Then I have tried two things:
1. ->insert->figure encapsulated postscript
   I have given filename.pstex_t
   Nothing is displayed on the screen and in xdvi
   When I take filename.pstex then I can see the figure, but the LaTeX code
   is not translated. It is only the information in the eps file.
2. ->insert->file
   I have given filename.pstex_t
   It does not display anything in xdvi.

Thanks,