robin> I have been using lyx for a long time under KDE/Redhat 5.2 with
robin> no problems. I have recently upgraded to Redhat 6.1 ( a
robin> decision that has cost me a lot of time ).

robin> My Lyx no longer works but just core dumps with a segmentation
robin> violation. I ran strace on lyx and found it seems to fail
robin> writing to a socket created in /tmp....

robin> Any quick workarounds? What is this socket doing? I cannot find
robin> a refence to sockets in the Lyx source code.

The X code may be creating sockets itself. However, the first thing to
check is that you have upgraded you xforms library to a version
compiled against glibc 2.1.

JMarc