On Mon, Mar 20, 2000 at 08:04:32PM +0100, Enrique Perez-Terron wrote:

> A while ago I installed lyx-1.1.2-1.i386.rpm on my RedHat 6.0 or 6.1 (I do not
> remember. Now I have replaced most, if not all the redhat rpms with the 6.1
> version.)  Since then I could not start lyx, it just said "Segmentation fault
> (core dumped)".

It is almost certain, based on what you stated that your xforms version
was a bad one for your libc version.

As a general rule, a lyx core dump on startup is nearly always a system
library problem (including the possibilites of bad xforms version,
problems with the C library or X11 library problems).

The xforms on ftp.sylvan.com works with RH 6.0 and RH 6.1, so you installed
the right version for your system (which is why it now works).

Cheers!

                        ---Kayvan
--
Kayvan A. Sylvan                   | Proud husband of      | Father to my kids:
Sylvan Associates, Inc.            | Laura Isabella Sylvan | Katherine Yelena