Ramon> Dear all, I have a semantic-legal type of question: I am
Ramon> writing the ackowledgements of a manuscript and of my thesis; I
Ramon> have used (and benefited a lot from) Lyx, and I thought it fair
Ramon> to acknowledge it; I had a sentence like "preparation of the
Ramon> thesis was greatly facilitated by the GNU programs Lyx and xx".
Ramon> Is that statement correct? From reading the "Copyright and
Ramon> Warranty" popu-up in Lyx I get the impression that that is
Ramon> correct, but I have read on the Lyx page how the GPL does not
Ramon> apply fully to Lyx, in particular sections 2 and 3, and this is
Ramon> why I am confussed.

GNU software is software endorsed by the FSF as part of the GNU
system. LyX is certainly not in this category.

Anyway LyX is distributed under the GNU GPL. At least it is our intent
:)

JMarc