Stephan> Hi, some funny things happened to me with a LyX-file that I
Stephan> saved in my HOME directory and tried to open in LyX. After a
Stephan> few seconds LyX crashes, my X-server restarted and - most
Stephan> funny - I was logged off at the text consoles. I also tested
Stephan> it with another LyX-file - same thing. Funny, isn't it?

Note that a LyX server restart is a sign of a X server bug. LyX should
not be able to do that. Do things really change if the file is
somewhere else? Strange... Is that a matter of finding or not some PS files?

Stephan> Some technical information: it's a SuSe Linux 6.2, LyX 1.1.4
Stephan> (3rd Februay 2000; I know it's an unstable version :-). By
Stephan> the way because of some crash problems before I start LyX
Stephan> with a -dbg 131071 (but I have to admit I haven't find the
Stephan> debug file yet - or am I completly wrong when trying to find
Stephan> a debug-file? I'm not so familiar with these things :-).

The debug info goes to standard error, so you can redirect it (with
bash: "lyx -dbg 131071 2>lyx.log").

JMarc